Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Butterick 5599: Update

This has been a really fun make so far, and I'm so happy with the results i'm getting already.
When cutting out all my pattern pieces I realised I wasn't going to have enough interfacing without buying some more, which I can't do until the weekend. So I decided to sew up as much as I could until then.
This is the front of the skirt which has 6 small pleats at the centre, there are also 2 deep pockets either side.
This is as far as I could get the outside fabric without needing my interfacing, but I have sewn up the lining all ready which should save me some time at the weekend.
Please excuse the crinkled lining! It will all be ironed out rest assured! You may also be thinking why has she used black, blue & brown lining? Well, I wanted to use brown & black originally, but ran out of black lining for the skirt. The only similar colour I had in the length I needed was navy, so I've ended up with a bit of a mis-matched lining, but hey! It's only gonna be me who sees it?
So now I'm a bit of a sitting duck until the weekend but I can never stay still when it comes to sewing and have already drawn up a few more ideas to round up the palette challenge. Stay tuned as tomorrow I'll be sharing them! 











No comments:

Post a Comment