Pages

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Film Inspiration: The Great Gatsby

I may be jumping on the bandwagon here, but I am ridiculously excited for release of the latest incarnation of 'The Great Gatsby', which is due to come out at the end of this year. I'm sure you've all heard about the Baz Luhrmann helmed movie, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan & Tobey Maguire.
I loved the book, and cannot wait to these actors portray the characters of Jay, Daisy & Nick. I'm also particularly excited about the fashion which will be shown, and cannot wait to see what visionary delights Luhrmann has in store for this.
The first trailer for the movie has been released, and in my humble opinion, it looks like it's going to be one of best movies of this year.
To get you 'in the mood' for this cinematic treat, I've scoured the internet for some images from the trailer and other fashion inspiration images involving this era to wet your appetite!


I think I'm definitely going to make a 1920's inspired piece, possibly some kind of sheer blouse, with pleats, or maybe some sparkle? Are you excited for this film? Have you read the book?

All images sourced here


No comments:

Post a Comment